Thursday, January 17, 2008

My job news!

Hey there...just a quick post because I remembered that I forgot to share my job news! It's been a crazy busy last two weeks transitioning between my two jobs. I work at the Iowa Family Policy Center part-time. It's a fabulous Christian organization that supports pro-family issues. (Kind of like Focus on the Family if you've heard of them). Last March, I was hired to do the marketing and public relations for Marriage Matters (their healthy marriage side of IFPC). My very good friend Rachel was their communications director but left her role in December to have a baby. Part of Rachel's responsibilities included writing, producing and voicing radio programs that are played on around 20 radio stations across Iowa. They looked high and low to find someone to fill her position but could not find anyone qualified or that would take the job. Enter ME! Because my old job was federally funded, I was asked to take on the radio programs as my new job. The change gives me more job security and I'm actually qualified to do it. I used to work at a talk radio station in college and did it all when I was there. So that's my news! I have a slight learning curve because it's been awhile since I've done radio but I'm picking it up quickly. Anyway, I'm just taking a quick lunch break now and then I need to get everything wrapped up for the week at work. Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs