Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Discipline

As I have in the past two years, I chose the word "discipline" to be my word to work on for 2008. The year before that was "joy" and the year before that was "hope."

Here's the dictionary's definition:
dis·ci·pline
1. training to act in accordance with rules; drill: military discipline.
2. activity, exercise, or a regimen that develops or improves a skill; training: A daily stint at the typewriter is excellent discipline for a writer.
3. a set or system of rules and regulations.
4. to train by instruction and exercise; drill.
5. to bring to a state of order and obedience by training and control.

Areas of my life I would like to discipline and how I want to do it:

1) Spirtually - daily prayer and devotional time; keep a prayer and/or gratitude journal
2) Physically - work out at the gym 3x a week; start running in the spring and run the 5k at the 4th of July; make better food choices (i.e. not as much fried food and junk food)
3) Mentally - don't spend as much time in front of the TV; go to the library and read more often
4) Relationally - make regular "dates" with my friends and family to connect better with them; return e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner; spend more quality time with my hubby
5) Creatively - allow creative time to scrapbook, papercraft and other crafts
6) My house (this is a biggy) - Purge and organize each room of the house including closets/drawers, etc.; buy organizational products as necessary; stay on top of bills, laundry, dishes, piles of clutter, etc.
7) Adoption process - remember the resulting reward is SOOO worth the tedious process

Well, that's a start anyway. Here's to a more disciplined 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs