Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Overwhelmed with emotion - adoption update!

Yesterday was our adoptive parenting class. The class was incredibly overwhelming. We've got our work cut out for us in the next few months. I almost cried during the class about 5 times. I have never been more convicted that we are supposed to adopt than after yesterday. After the class was over, I just sobbed.

Okay, I know I've mentioned this before but I have to create a scrapbook that going to be part of our family profile. A coincidence, right? Considering how much scrapbooking is a part of my life? We found out yesterday that not only do we have to do a scrapbook but a video and a designed family profile sheet. MY HUSBAND IS A GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND CREATES VIDEOS FOR A LIVING!!!! I also have a background in video production and writing. The scrapbook, video and family profile sheet are ways the adoption agency presents families to pregnant clients. At the moment that we learned this, I knew in my heart that God gave us these specific talents for the very reason that we were supposed to adopt. Isn't that just amazing? I'm just soooo overwhelmed about all of this. I didn't break down until we left the class but one of the things they told us was that the music choice makes the video. The first thing Glen said to me after the class was that he was going to write and perform the song for our video. I started bawling! Glen doesn't sing or anything like that but he writes the most beautiful music on the piano. He's going to write a song for OUR BABY! How cool is that?

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today and definitely more rested since I went to bed around 11 last night. On a different note, what was up with the Bachelor? I couldn't believe what happened last night...definitely didn't see that one coming!

Have a great Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and Best wishes on your decision to adopt! It might seem overwhelming right now, but it will be worth it in the end

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs