Monday, November 19, 2007

Neglect





First of all, I've been promising some new work for a LONG time so here's a new project! I used the November Paper Posies kit to create this paper mache box that I've had sitting in my stash for a long time. I am totally in LOVE with Glimmer Mist and used it on the box with a paper doily as a stencil. I used various papers from Daisy D's and some lace from Making Memories. I love the rich, vintage colors and how it all turned out.

Today, I am just exhausted. I'm finally starting to feel a cold coming on. I've been fighting it off for about two months and I think I wore my body out enough that it can finally take hold. The last month is starting to take a toll on me. I've had so much going on that other areas of my life have been neglected far too long. I haven't scrapped in weeks and I'm really starting to miss it. There have been a bunch of publication calls that normally I wouldn't want to miss, but I haven't done any work to submit. My house is a mess and things that I would usually stay on top of are slipping through the cracks. I'm in need of a break!!! And, after today...it's going to happen!!! We have our adoptive parenting class this afternoon and then I don't have anything else planned for a while. I'm even letting myself miss Bible study tonight. We're headed out of town on Wednesday night for Thanksgiving and won't be back until Friday afternoon. Usually I'm really excited for the holidays but I can't wait for Christmas to be over this year. The Christmas decorating, baking, cards, shopping, etc. seem to be too much for me right now. Maybe I'll feel more like my old self after a couple days of rest and relaxation at mom and dad's....I sure hope so!

Have a great Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs