Monday, October 14, 2013

Gossamer Blue: You Taught Me

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend! We had absolutely beautiful weather here in Iowa. We had family photos taken, went to two pumpkin patches and got a lot of work done around the house and yard. It was so fun and so busy, but I wish I had another weekend day to get the things done I wanted to...let's hope I can be as productive this week! 

Today my layout features the October kits from Gossamer Blue. My grandma turned 90 in September and we had a huge birthday party to celebrate. Some of the grandkids were joking around that they wanted individual photos with grandma (her favorites - ha!) after we took a large photo of all of us with her. But, I know that I will treasure this photo of the two of us forever. One of my cousins had us all write down memories with grandma and I decided to use some of what I had written to create this layout about the things grandma has taught me.


I used the heart cut file with my Cameo and then backed the hearts with patterned papers and outlined them for a little more texture and dimension. The card that I used for the title is by Elle's Studio and I kept to a green, black and white color scheme on this layout.


The transparent frames are by Crate Paper. I love the "happy times" rosette (also by Crate Paper) and the journaling card is by Elle's Studio.


Among all the events and business of life, be sure that you are documenting those special relationships (especially those with grandparents!)

Have a great day! I'll be back tomorrow with an epic post for Simple Stories featuring my Merry Memories album, Sn@p card sets and the December Documented collection.

2 comments:

  1. So great that you were able to make this layout and record a special relationship with your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so very precious--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs