Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tickled Pink Kits and an encouraging word...


I had the privilege of working with the September Tickled Pink kit and wanted to share my favorite layout of what I created with you. The kit was full of rich colors with one of my new favorite fall lines from Daisy D's. I added a couple small touches that weren't in the kit - the rhinestones and a couple ribbon scraps. I also did some zig zag stitching with my sewing machine. Oh, and by the way, this is my dad! :) The September kit isn't up yet, but you can start stalking the site now!
I met with my women's Bible study group last night. We wrapped up our study on The Power of Words by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It was a great study on holding your tongue, keeping God's word on your heart at all times, and avoiding the pitfalls of gossip. I was really convicted to on the areas we covered about encouragement - building our family and friends up instead of tearing them down.
Personally, I'm trying to find ways that I can work on this, especially in my marriage. It's so easy for us to notice the negative things our spouse says and does, but what we should take notice of is their good qualities. Those little negative things can just grate on us to the point of explosion. I know my husband loves it when I tell him that I appreciate him going to work each day, taking care of the yard, helping me around the house, and when he sounds good playing the keyboard during worship at church, etc. My words and tone make him feel valued and respected.
In regards to my family and friends, I'm starting to try really hard to send an encouraging note to someone once a week. I make so many handmade cards that I need to start sending them out more often. In a world that is so focused on technology, it's a rarity to get a handwritten letter these days. I know the receiver appreciates the time I took to let them know I was thinking about them.
What have you done to encourage your family and friends? Or better yet, what can you do NOW? Leave a comment because I would love to hear your ideas! :)

1 comment:

  1. jill,
    i know we haven't even met, yet, you
    touched my heart and i wanted to thank you so very much for that. i am so looking forward to meeting you.
    ann

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs