Thursday, November 01, 2012

Simple Stories: Hello Vacation!

This week the Simple Stories design team is sharing ideas and inspiration using the brand new Sn@p collection on the Simple Stories blog. Specifically, we're highlighting the Sn@p binders and how easy it is to create projects! Dear friends that don't scrapbook - pay attention! This is one product line that anyone can use!

This summer, we went on our very first family vacation. We spent several nights around the Twin Cities in Minnesota and had such a fun time. Sn@p made it so easy to create a mini album of our vacation together and it was fun to pull in other travel products I have been wanting to use.



For the cover, I pulled out many products with "hello" on them and then added "Vacation" using the alphabet stickers and labels. I also wanted a calendar to share the date when we went on vacation so I cut that out from one of the Simple Basics patterned papers. I also tied a little wood veneer car to the cover with twine.



I used one of the chipboard inserts as a cover sheet. I had a map stamp from Cocoa Daisy that I heat embossed and then highlighted where we went with a heart sticker and "love this" sentiment. And it was fun to add the "who, what, when, where" details with the tabs that I cut out from Snappy Thoughts 4 x 6 cards.


For the inside cover, I used another Snappy Thoughts 4 x 6 card to share a few more details about our vacation. And for page one, I started using the divided page protectors. 



Here are the next two pages...I'm keeping everything super simple! Some pockets, I just slide in a card or photo with minimal embellishments. I'm really loving the options for journaling!


And a couple more pages...again, mostly the photos, a little patterned paper and a few stickers here and there. 


And here are two more pages I didn't share on the Simple Stories blog... I journaled a lot about those crazy fighting, playing bears. It was literally one of the coolest things I have ever seen. They kept at it forever.



My album is still a work in progress so I hope to share more with you soon. I was just in awe of how quickly it all came together. The hardest part was choosing and editing my photos.

Thanks for stopping by today! I have plenty more to share with you in the next couple days so please stop back! :)

3 comments:

  1. this is AWESOME Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously fabulous Jill!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:19 AM

    Loved seeing this - have just bought sn@p for a similar project. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs