Friday, May 21, 2010

The Scrappy Gourmet Sneak Peek!

Today, I have some sneak peeks to share with you of a mini album and layout kit that will be up for sale on June 1st at The Scrappy Gourmet. I used a Clear Scraps 6 x 6 tabbed acrylic album and Maya Road square kraft envelopes to create an "Our Everyday Life" album. I love Ali Edward's concept of a "Week in a Life" but know that would take a lot of dedication and commitment on my part. What I did instead was focus on one single day in our life and documented our everyday routines. I took nearly 150 photos and narrowed them down to 21 that I could use in this album and then journaled about our day. This process was so fun for me and I know I will love to look back at this album when the girls are older. And what makes this album design simple to put together is that all photos are wallet size. Here's just a quick peek at what the album looks like:


And here's a couple peeks at the one-page layout I created to go along with the kit:




Be sure to watch my blog for more information on when this kit becomes available for sale at The Scrappy Gourmet. The kit will come with instructions and images will be available in The Scrappy Gourmet's gallery. The main patterned paper and embellishment collection I used for this kit was Lily Bee "Lovely" along with patterned papers by Jenni Bowlin and 7gypsies. It's bright, fun and vintage AND perfect if you have boys OR girls in your life. What I love about the "Our Everyday Life" concept is that ANYONE can do this album no matter where you are in your life. 

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute album! I will definately have to check out the kit on June 1!

    Saw your work over at Midnight Rooster....fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs