Tuesday, May 11, 2010

GCD Studios Theme:: Paper Piecing

For the month of May, the design team was given this photo of darling nesting dolls to work with:



I loved all the patterns in the photo and decided to use as many patterns as I could and do some paper piecing to create a scene. In all, I used 7 different patterned papers on my layout. I love this photo of my daughters with their Easter baskets and the pinks and greens in the Homespun Chic collection matched their jammies perfectly!



I used a template to cut ovals from cardstock and then paper pieced each egg by layering patterned paper. I cut one of the Homespun Chic transparencies in half (loved those little chicks and they were perfect for an Easter layout) and used part of it on one of my eggs and the other part at the top of my layout.



I adhered patterned paper to one of the chipboard plaques from the ChipArt collection and decorated the edge with Stickles.



My egg title needed grounding on the page so I drew wavy lines on two patterned papers and cut them out. A little machine stitching and white paint and it's shabby Homespun Chic!

Additional supplies used: American Crafts thickers, Stickles, Fiskar's punch

Happy paper piecing! :)
Jill

1 comment:

  1. totally dripping cute,the girls are so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs