Thursday, May 24, 2012

Simple Stories: Hello, State Fair!

Today I have a layout to share featuring one of my very favorite summer activities, the Iowa State Fair! Iowa's State Fair is one of the best in the country and I have gone every year since I was very little. It's a tradition that I definitely don't miss! I love the food, the activities, and of course, the people watching. Last year, I was able to see the fair through the eyes of my daughters and there were so many new activities that I had never seen before because I wasn't on the lookout for things for toddlers.

Simple Stories' "Summer Fresh" collection just screams fair to me (and so much more!). When we visited the fair last year, our photos were not stellar as we just took our point and shoot camera. Rather than be too picky about what we had for photos, I knew that it was more important to get the memories documented. It was their first trip (of many future trips) to the state fair, after all. I printed 8 of my favorite photos into wallet size and created a collage of them.

Web_Hello_State_Fair
I cut apart the bingo cards and used the top 4 at the top of my collage of photos. I highlighted several of them with word stickers and used alphabet stickers on a couple as well.

Hello_State_Fair_details1

That ticket sticker was just begging to be used on my state fair layout. I also cut out the burlap ribbon piece to hold my journaling.

Hello_State_Fair_details2

Supply List:
Summer Fresh Collection Kit #2400
Summer Fresh 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers #2402
Summer Fresh 12 x 12 Expression Cardstock Stickers #2403
Burlap/Dictionary #2420
Bingo Cards/Stripes #2421

Have a wonderful day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Sweet layout, I really like your style of scrapbooking, I seem to have a lot of your layouts in my favorites file. :)

    Lisa Beeman

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs