Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Misc. stuff



I just finished the final book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy last night. I took my time with this series and read it over a couple weeks. The last book was really long. I was really upset at the ending. I don't want to give too much away but I felt let down that there wasn't what I wanted for a happy ending. Nevertheless, I would recommend these books wholeheartedly. The plot was set in the Victorian era and the characters were really easy to love. The books are young adult and somewhat science ficiton. If you're looking for something new to read, give them a try!

We've been busy working on more adoption stuff. Our video is almost done and I finished all the scrapbooks last night. I felt like my hand was going to fall off from handwriting letters to the birth parents! :) We still have the web profile and the one-page profile to go but the end is so close I can taste it. As soon as our video is good to go, I'll post the youtube video.

One year ago today, I started my gym membership at 7Flags. I've had ups and downs over that year but I'm proud to say I've lost 35 pounds and dropped 4 sizes! I never thought I would have made it to this point but I feel really good about myself now. I put on most of the weight from fertility treatments and my initial goal was to get to my wedding day weight. I've surpassed that goal now by about 15 pounds! I'm at the point now where I just want to maintain. I'm trying to watch what I eat but I won't deny myself anything. I just know I need to control how much I eat. I'm trying to hit the gym 3 times a week but I don't feel too guilty if I don't make it. Monday I felt pretty yucky so I stayed home and that's okay! I just can't stop going to the gym entirely.

Well, that's enough from me today. Stayed tuned for a new card tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well! I'm on a gym kick too. Except i started going in August. I haven't lost much weight - but I see a difference in my body. My next step is to eat better. I don't pick healthy choices (ever).

    Good luck with all the adoption stuff!! Sounds like it is coming along. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs