Thursday, September 04, 2008

Grants, grants and more grants


Here's a new project using Rusty Pickle's Chocolate Kisses line, chipboard and loads of buttons! I've had this Making Memories heart scalloped heart in my stash for a while so I pulled it out and went to town. I used about 3/4 of a jar of red Rusty Pickle buttons and accented several of them with rhinestones.

I feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in grant applications. The paperwork is so tedious as they all want lots of financial information and essay questions filled out. Adoption is so expensive (even a domestic infant adoption like we're doing), and we are so thankful grant opportunities even exist. I have 6 grant applications that we'll be working on and hoping and praying they accept! Our last resort would be a low or no interest loan but I'm hoping we don't have to go that route. Glen and I met with our pastor last night about our adoption process and it sounds like we'll be able to set up a fund through the church for tax-deductible donations. A couple of the grants we're applying for are matching grants up to $4,000 if we can come up with the money through support raising. We have to submit our applications first and then go from there. I'm trying to work on grant applications simultaneously as the scrapbook because it can take anywhere from 1 month to 3 months to hear back. I really want to get the first scrapbook done over the weekend so hold me to it!!! :) I want to be able to come back here and say it's done!

Well, I better get busy! I have to go into work toady and then we have a video shoot tonight. So busy!!! Enjoy your day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs