Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So thankful

I don't have anything particularly provocative to share today so I decided it was time for a post of the things I'm thankful for since it's been a while that I have posted one. I think it's a good idea to do this every once in a while for a little perspective and to appreciate the little things in my life. I'm finally starting to feel better too (thank goodness!). Oh, and I just thought of one more thing...Idol was great last night! I LOVED David Cook! I'm sorry but the guy is just in a different LEAGUE! On to my list...

1) Spring weather - it's supposed to be in the 50s here all week!

2) New scrapbooking supplies - I have been trying to limit what I buy (have to watch the budget and all) but I couldn't resist a few goodies that have been released from CHA. The new Sassafras Lass is sooooo cute and I love the new 7gypsies collection.

3) Adoption miracles - I read a fabulous book last week that my aunt gave me called Treasury of Adoption Miracles. I bawled through the whole thing. Seriously. Each story just touched me in some way but there was one in particular that made me sob. There was a story about a couple who couldn't have children. The husband especially wanted a little girl that had blonde hair and dark eyes like his wife. They decided to adopt from Russia and got a call that they had a little boy waiting for them. They went over there and the orphanage told them there was a mistake. They didn't have a little boy, but a little girl. When they got to meet her, the man was startled. The little girl looked exactly like his wife - blonde hair and dark eyes. This story made me cry because Glen told me early on when we were dating that he could picture us having a little girl that had my blue eyes and blonde hair. This story gave me hope that it might still happen! :)

4) A clean kitchen - Of all the rooms in our house, the kitchen is the one that gets cluttered the easiest. There's nothing like walking through it and having it sparkling clean. I've been trying really hard to have discipline in cleaning up the kitchen.

5) Exercise - I've been trying extra hard to keep up in this arena of my life by running and hitting the gym. I have so much more energy and stay healthier when I exercise. The benefits are worth being sore or feeling like I'm going to pass out. :)

6) Being able to live vicariously through others - It has been a thrill for me this week to see pictures and video of the filiming of Twilight. I've been reduced to a squealing, giggling mess of a fan girl. *drool*

7) Iced caramel machiacto from Starbucks - Now that it's warming up, I'm going to treat myself to one of these. Lots of calories, but once in a great while won't hurt anything.

8) Great movies - I'm a movie fanatic! I love just about any type of movie - action, comedy, romance, you name it! About the only type that I don't like is horror, but I do like a good scare every now and then. I've been especially thankful to discover RedBox - movie rentals are only $1 a night. You can't beat that! I've been renting movies like they're going out of style. A couple recent favorites were We Own the Night and August Rush.

9) A kiss on the cheek - Glen leaves before I do in the morning. If I'm still in bed sleeping, he'll give me a quick kiss on the cheek before he goes out the door. It's such a little thing but it makes me feel very loved. Awwww! :)

10) Good friends - I have a couple of friend "dates" in the next few days. Coffee Thursday night and lunch on Friday. My friends are extremely important to me so I make time for "dates" like this alot and would do it more often if I got the chance.

Enjoy your Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs