Wednesday, February 04, 2015

What I'm Reading: January


There's nothing quite like snuggling up with a book. I've always been a reader and usually devour each book I read. I've decided to start a new blog series and share the books I have read each month. I like hearing recommendations from other bloggers and maybe you will find one you would to read. I'm also devoting myself to picking up these books at the library. I'm trying to cut the clutter and books seem to not have a good resale value. And if I keep reading at the rate I am, I can't afford it! :)

1) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - Here's my first book for the month and I could not put this one down. I read it in about two days. It was such a sweet story and yet heartbreaking at the same time. It dawned on me after reading this one that I used to read Rainbow Rowell's columns in the Omaha World Herald when I was in Chuck Offenburger's writing classes at BVU.  


2) Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty - I loved the format of storytelling in this one - very quirky and fun. But this one ended up being about a very serious subject - the climax and resolution had twists I didn't see coming.

3) Wonder by R.J. Palacio - This was another YA novel and the story was heartbreaking as well as it focused on bullying and the courage of one young man. Definitely worth a read!


4) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand -  The whole time I was reading this book I could not stop thinking, "I can't believe this is real." The story was so crazy that it was hard to believe it was true. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the movie.

5) The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - This was another quick, funny read and I absolutely adored this unexpected love story! I can't wait to read the sequel! 


I'll be back next month with what I read in February. 


1 comment:

  1. Ah I am always looking for new and different books to read... I have watched the movie unbroken and it was horrific....

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs