Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pebbles: Life as a Mom...

Happy Mother's Day! I do believe this is the first year I have heard those words from my girls and they are music to my ears! After so many painful years of wanting so badly to celebrate this holiday myself, I am beyond thankful that it's a day I now get to celebrate with my girls! On Mother's Day, I am so blessed that a very special woman chose to give a gift out of sacrificial love so that I might be able to experience what it means to be a mother. Our girls' birth mother has a very treasured place in my heart and I'm celebrating her very much today as well! Our open adoption relationship has been a wonderful experience to be a part of and I would be happy to share more if you have any questions about what it looks like.

So that brings me to my layout to share today...I think I very naively went into motherhood and very quickly had life as I knew it turned upside down and inside out. I wouldn't have it any other way, of course, but I felt like I wanted to document some of my feelings instead of a picture perfect experience. I know everyday that God is humbling me, teaching me and helping me mold these two little girls into His will. I learn something new everyday with them - mostly about patience and kindness! ;) I am so fortunate to be home with them and get to experience their everyday lives! Each day is a new adventure!

All week on the Pebbles Inc. blog, the design team has been sharing Mother's Day projects and when I received the assignment, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I came across these photos of the girls and me on their second birthday and it's a pretty accurate picture of what life can be these days. I had to laugh when I saw them!




I love my two little monkeys and I am so happy God chose me to be their mom! ;)

I am celebrating my own mother today and my mother-in-law as well! So very thankful to have both of them in my life and for all they do to help me! And it's so fun to celebrate being a mom with my two sisters! The girls love spending time with their cousins and we have another cousin on the way in August!

Enjoy your day today moms and if you are someone struggling on this day, I pray that you might find peace and comfort and still do something to celebrate "YOU!" I was in your shoes not very long ago and know very much how it feels.

Have a beautiful day! :)

4 comments:

  1. hahaha LOVE this layout!! One of my favs from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:25 PM

    LOL! Your layout is absolutely fantastic and so true!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should see a photo of my sister and her family-totally the same idea! Scroll down all the way to see what I'm referring to: http://pitchperfectpicture.blogspot.com/2012/01/joe-jeannette.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha LOVE this layout!! One of my favs from you :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs