Monday, July 18, 2011

Update & Simple Summer Pleasures

Life sometimes has a way of throwing you a curve ball and that's exactly what happened to us over the past few days. Both of my girls were in the hospital after having severe asthma attacks that we couldn't control at home and Nora also has pneumonia. This literally came out of nowhere. We are all home now but have had a very stressful and sleepless time. The girls are on the mend and I was so thankful for a good night's sleep last night. We'll be spending the next few days at home recovering and staying out of the heat and humidity which can trigger asthma attacks. I was so thankful that my mom could help us out and we had great help from Glen's parents too. 

I'll try to share my new layout with the "Salt Water Taffy" kit tomorrow but in the meantime I wanted to share a layout I haven't shown you yet with the "Bee's Knees" kit. My girls love playing at the park so I highlighted several photos of a recent trip on this two-page layout. I used a combination of black and white and color photos. The photos I made black and white were less than ideal in color so this was an easy way to fix them. (Click to see larger). 





I LOVE the woodgrain transparency by Hambly.




That's all for now! I need to catch up on laundry and run an errand this morning. More soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. How scary! Glad your girls are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs