Thursday, January 20, 2011

Noel Mignon Challenge: Color Combo

Happy Thursday, friends! Today I have a new layout to share with you for the Color Combo challenge over on the Noel Mignon challenge blog. I used the "Very Virginia" kit  (1 left!!!!) on my layout and had fun creating a collage-effect layout while channeling my inner "Virginia". :) I used Poladroid to get that cool effect on my photo. It already has a "fish-eye" look to it because it's a photo of my husband and me at "The Bean" in Chicago a few years ago. 

I ADORE the patterned paper I used for my background from the Curio collection by Basic Grey. I think I need another sheet or two of it! 



Here's a close-up of my title using the Sassafras Lass alphabet stickers and American Crafts Thickers in the kit. 


I placed several strips of masking tape on my background and journaled right over them. 


I also placed several strips of masking tape on the left side of my layout to mask the busy pattern that was a little too much to look at in combination with the stickers I used.


Hope you can join in with our Color Combo Challenge and don't forget about the blog hop going on through today at all of the designer's blogs. The "Truly Scrumptious" February kit goes on sale TOMORROW! 

I've been busy working on some assignments for the upcoming CHA winter show. The new GCD Studios collections are just beautiful! In the meantime, I've been receiving some happy mail and happy e-mail! I'll have some really fun news to share in February! 

Have a great day! :)


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I like the tickets at the top of the page and that cool arrow pointing to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this LO & I love the BEAN! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs