Friday, July 09, 2010

Midnight Rooster July Kit!

The Midnight Rooster July kit goes live today so that means it's time for me to share my work with this month's kit. I was able to work with the add-on kit again this month and I LOVED it just as much as the main! 

For this first layout, I used the large banner stamp in the main kit to create a banner using two colors of patterned paper. I used the Pink Paislee patterned paper as my base and spritzed a little Bed of Roses Shimmerz in a couple places. 


I used both of the alphabets in the main and add-on for the title.


Here's a close-up of the banner. I used foam adhesive for extra dimension.


I created the flower by using a Jillibean Soup journaling spot in the main kit, white fabric flower in the main and removed the pin from the blue flower in the add-on kit. The button is a Midnight Rooster exclusive! 


The photos in my next layout have a special place in my heart because it's my father-in-law with Lily. He has a special nickname for her (Darlin' Lil') that makes up the title of this layout. 


I used the fabric swatch in the main kit as patterned paper in this layout. 


This embellishment was made by layering an October Afternoon sticker, Jillibean Soup journaling spot and Jenni Bowlin butterfly. 


I scrapped some more Florida photos in this next layout. I used the October Afternoon map patterned paper as borders on the top and bottom of my layout. 






The Collage Press patterned paper had very cool designs in it so I cut a chunk of it out to use as grounding for part of my title. I used an October Afternoon label sticker to back the other part of my title.



The vintage orange juice cap in the main kit was perfect for a layout about Florida and added a great burst of color. 



The chipboard clouds are Cosmo Cricket and included in the main kit. And here's another Midnight Rooster exclusive button. 



I used the small banner stamp in the main kit as a border along the bottom and some orange My Mind's Eye rhinestones from my stash. 



And finally, here's a card I created using the stamp in the add-on kit. The multi-colored paper was actually cut off the bottom of a piece of Sassafras Lass patterned paper. The rub-on, rhinestones and twine are all from my stash. 



And there you have it! I might have another project to share with this kit later in the month. Have a great weekend...we have family visiting again and I might try to sneak away to CKC Des Moines later today or tomorrow! :)

5 comments:

  1. These layouts are just stunning, but i think im in love with that card!. Im glad to have surfed across you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, just gorgeous work, every layout is crisp and delightful, wow, what marvelousness Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! :) I think the Florida one is my favorite...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work! I can't wait to get my kit and play!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs