Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I'm ba-ack!




Wow! It's been forever since I've blogged and I've been busy catching up on life the past few days.

First, I want to share this advent calendar I made using Rusty Pickle products and a tree I bought last year at Starbucks. I gave it to my mother-in-law for her birthday and she loved it. I also have a fun little toot to share. In August, I'll be guest designing for Keep in Touch kits. Kelly's kit are fabulous and jam packed - be sure to check her out! :)

Next is Christmas. I had a fairly good Christmas until I woke up at 5:30 in the morning at my mom and dad's house sooooo sick on Christmas Day. We're pretty sure I had food poisoning. I was violently ill...it was awful! I slept most of the day and finally got my full appetite back about 5 days later.

After Christmas we came home for a couple days before we turned around and drove to Lake of the Ozarks for my church's annual conference called Faithwalkers. It was a really encouraging time!

After 4 nights there we drove further south to my in-laws in northern Arkansas and spent 4 nights with them. It was a good time! They just sold their house so we were busy packing them up and moving them into their rental until they move to Iowa in the spring. While we were there, I hopped online and bought myself a Cricut Expression using my Christmas money. I am soooo excited for it to arrive and it should be here Thursday!

We got home from our travels on Sunday afternoon. I've spent the past few days catching up and trying to get my life back in order.

We do have some exciting news that we would appreciate your prayers about. We're meeting with a birth mom and possibly the birth father this Saturday. Glen and I feel really good about this situation and it seems to be a good fit for us. The best part is - the b-mom is pregnant with TWINS due in May!!!! We're trying not to get overly excited about it because this journey is such an up and down roller coaster. PLEASE keep us in your prayers this Saturday and I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Well, all for now. I'll hopefully have some projects to share soon. I want to spend some time creating this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. hi jill! so glad you will be hanging at the reunion crop! it is great to see you and sorry i have been a bad blogger buddy.

    glad you had a great holiday season, back to the grind stinks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs