Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving, friends! I hope you are enjoying your time with family and friends. We're visiting my parents today and then celebrating with Glen's side of the family at our house on Saturday. 

Today I have a two-page layout to share with you about the girls' very first Thanksgiving at just 6 months old. I used the gorgeous Hudson Valley kit from Noel Mignon to create my layout. These photos are only a couple years old but wow, did I ever go down a walk on memory lane as I was looking through them and editing.


I have to share a little about the photo on the right. This was the first time the girls ever laid on Grandma Kathryn's bed. It's a family tradition that all the girls lay on Grandma's bed every time we would visit and talk and just laugh. As I'm sure you can imagine, we all can get to laughing A LOT. There's usually 5-6 of us on the bed at one time. And sadly, Grandma is not here anymore to lay with us but it's a tradition that we still keep alive.


Here I created a block of patterned paper squares and stitched an "X" through several of them and then embellished with items in the kit. (Look at those little girls!)


I carried the squares and stitching to the other page and embellished with an American Crafts leaf embellishment and then a Melissa Frances rub-on I had in my stash.


All of my journaling is housed on an Elle's Studio "gratitude" tag. 


Don't forget to stop by Noel Mignon tomorrow as you start all your Christmas shopping and pick up the "Mistletoe & Holly" kit! I'm actually going to attempt a December album with mine!

Thanks so much for looking and have a fabulous holiday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs