Monday, August 29, 2011

Guest Designing at Emma's Paperie!

I'm honored to be guest designing at Emma's Paperie this month. I've been a customer of Cindy's for a long time so I was excited when she e-mailed me about designing this month. I worked with the "Life Documented" collection by Simple Stories and the "Victoria Gardens" collection by Echo Park. I ended up creating a lot of projects with each collection so I'm going to share them over the next week on my blog. First up is the "Life Documented" collection...

We finally took the girls in for their very first haircut this past April. They really didn't have any hair until after their first birthday and it just needed evened out. We went to the salon where I go and my stylist did a great job. The girls' favorite parts were the balloons and suckers they got when they were done. I had to hold Nora the whole time during her haircut but Lily was a big girl and sat in the chair with the cape and everything. I created a two-page layout with the idea in mind that the girls could actually split this one up someday as there are pictures of the two of them on each page plus each girls' individual photos on their respective pages. 




You will be able to see in the next two shots that I created stitched vellum pockets in which I placed a lock of their hair and sealed them up. 



For my next layout, I had cute photos of Miss Nora having her first pony ride at the pumpkin patch last fall. I loved the colors in the "Life Documented" collection...they have a great fall vibe. I put together a lot of bits and pieces here on a background sheet by Sassafras Lass. 



For this section, I actually cut a portion of the tiny alphabet stickers and adhered them. I stitched through them too just to make sure they wouldn't come off accidentally. I like this effect a lot on a child's page. 




So there's my first two projects....I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of my projects using "Life Documented". 

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a guest designer! :) This is such a lovely thing to document! And I think it's a brilliant idea that you've done the LO so the girls can each have a page should they want to- very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find out the secret of professional movers everywhere! The Forearm Forklift Moving Straps were designed in 1997 by a professional mover who is still very active in the industry. First and foremost, you need to see how old the used truck really is. A furniture warehouse can be a life saver when it comes to redecorating a room or even an entire home. You will undoubtedly find exactly the look that is desired at an affordable price. Take the time to browse through many of the different websites found online and do some comparison shopping for the best deals. continual monitoring, you can make it difficult for thieves to be successful. That means management should make sure everyone follows security procedures every day," states Rich Hite, President of QC Software, a leading provider of warehouse control systems for the material handling industry. Solid forklift tires are great for indoor use or light outdoor use.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs